Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Preserving A Memory

So when we decided to move we down sized drastically. Basically we got rid of pretty much everything, or put it in storage. While I haven't got rid of the kids coming home from the hospital outfit I know I am not going to keep them forever. I know in thirty years if I tried to hand my kids their coming home from the hospital outfit they would look at me like I was crazy, kind of like I did my mom (love you mom). They probably would question my sanity. Honestly, as a parent I will treasure those sweet memories far more than they ever will. 

I decided instead of doing the Pinterest coming home from the hospital preservation (which is cool, but not for me) I would ask a local Kentucky artist to preserve this precious memory for me. Lucinda Scharf is the owner and full time artist at Rooti Patooti in Rosewood, KY. Seven years ago she did a beautiful pastel drawing of my wedding dress, which has hung in every house we have lived in, including our now tiny apartment. When trying to figure out what to do with the kids coming home outfits I instantly thought of her. I love art and I love my kids precious outfits so why not combine them? 


My wedding dress, forever preserved, and one of my favorite pieces of art!

Seriously friends they turned out adorable and can hang on my wall forever, not be put away in storage, which lets face it is probably where the outfits are headed. I opted for an 8x10 of my kids outfits and I already had the frames so I framed them myself. However, I am sure she would be willing to do any size (my wedding dress is 16x20), and I do know for a fact that she will mat and frame them. They are made with pastels so once they are framed your probalby don't want to be changing them out frequently. 



Where did this tiny girl go?

The best thing of all is that if you are local to Muhlenberg County you can pick them up at On Main, but if you aren't local to Muhlenberg County and don't want to make a trip to my hometown she ships! It was really simple to do. I just contacted her via Facebook, sent her a picture of the outfits, discussed background color options, and waited for the finish product. She made it extra special by including the kids names and year they were born as the tag on the outfit.



Why is he already 4 months old? Slow down!

Every time I look at them I think of how much all my mommy friends (young kids or grown kids) out there would love this so I thought I would share. 














No comments:

Post a Comment