Thursday, April 14, 2016

Buffalo Chicken Taquitos

I love buffalo chicken. I love buffalo chicken wings, buffalo chicken pizza, buffalo chicken dip, the list goes on and on. In fact as I type this post I am thinking about Cheddars Buffalo Chicken Wraps and wondering is it possible that maybe there is one close by? Probably Googling that as soon as I finish my post. My bet, probably a million miles away! 




As I have previously posted I am constantly in search of a good recipe that is quick and easy. Feel free to comment with quick and easy recipes I would be happy to try them and give you a shout out! Today's recipe comes from Pinterest, and it definitely is quick, easy, and impossible to add to your Pinterest failure list (that's how easy it is). 




The other great thing about this recipe is that not a lot goes into making it. I promise just the other night I was staring into the fridge looking at a package of chicken breast wondering what to do with it (clearly I had not meal planned for the week, shame, shame). Every recipe I would pull up on Pinterest or in my recipe book required ingredients I just didn't have in the apartment. Heaven for bid I drag my 16lb. 13 oz. baby out in the all ready heavy car seat, try to hold Elin's hand in the parking lot all while trying to get one or two things at the grocery store (sometimes it just isn't worth it), not to mention the temperature outside was close to freezing. Thankfully this recipe calls for so few ingredients that I had them all right there. 




Now I will give you a heads up the more chicken you use the more taquitos you will make. The first time I tried this recipe I only made 6, but this time I had way more chicken and ended up adding extra buffalo sauce and making 8 taquitos. The recipe says 12 but they must be taking it easy on the filling, where I load our taquitos up! 



Apparently this recipe is weight watcher approved as well. I don't know much about the program so I can't give you any recommendations on this, but I can tell you it is really good. The Mr. has actually asked me to make this. He can be picky but rarely does he ask for me to make a particular meal. 




We aren't much of a side item family but I bet some Mexican rice would be a great addition to this meal. Seriously if you love buffalo chicken, love quick and easy, this is the meal for you. It takes maybe 10 minutes prep time and 20 minutes to cook. We eat it as a meal but it would be a great appetizer for a party as well. 



Ingredients

8 oz. low fat cream cheese
1/8 of cup buffalo sauce (Franks all the way)
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie would work well) 
12 small flour tortillas 

Dipping Sauce:
Ranch Dressing 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Mix cream cheese and buffalo sauce until well combined. Stir in chicken until well combined. 

Place 2-3 tablespoons of mixture, spread into a thin line in the middle of the tortilla. Or place what ever desired amount you prefer in the middle, just make sure you are able to roll it without the filling leaking out. 

Place on light greased cooking sheet or casserole dish (that's what I use). Repeat with remaining taquitos.

Once taquitos are arranged on cooking sheet lightly spray the tops with cooking spray (this is actually a very important step so don't skip it, I ran out of cooking spray and used butter).  

Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment