Friday, April 1, 2016

Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole

First off, Happy Friday Y'all! For my KY teaching friends I know that today is a very significant day, its the day before Spring Break. Kids were out of control, and adults were just watching the time tick away as they counted down to that beloved spring week! For those of you going somewhere nice and warm, completely jealous, we are currently expecting 2 to 3 inches of snow. For those work momma's out there who are getting to spend a week with those precious babies, I know I don't even have to say it but soak it up. Oh, how I longed to spend days off with my baby when I was working. Counting my blessings that everyday is a day to soak up and cherish! For those of you who are looking forward to sleeping in and staying in you PJs all day, enjoy every minute. Its probably the fastest week of the school year, and then comes what I would call the longest part of the school year, anticipating summer break! If you aren't in the teaching profession you have no idea how slowly time moves during those last few weeks of school before summer break begins. 



Today I have decided in honor of the upcoming Spring Break week to post a quick and easy recipe. Quick and easy is key in the Logan home, and well for Spring Breakers who are still in their PJs at 5:00 in the evening and longing for their bed already this is right up your alley too. 



If you like chicken and Ritz crackers than you will love this dish. This recipe is brought to you courtesy of my Aunt Mimi, who happened to write it down in one of my church cook books that my mom gave me when the Mr. and I got married. I'll be brief today as well with my post because I know many of you are anxious to hit the road, hit the bed, or enjoy a Friday night out on the town. The Logan's are anxious as well because we are off to Vermont for the weekend, stay tune more to come on this trip next week!



The recipe is really simple, other than precooking the chicken there is not a lot of prep work. If you don't have time to cook the chicken you can stop by your neighborhood grocery store and pick up a rotisserie chicken, it would work just the same. Other than cooking the chicken this casserole is really just like a dump and bake. You basically dump everything in, mix it up, and bake it! Prep time takes as long as it takes to cook the chicken 10 to 15 minutes. 




If you are a super chef like I am sure some of you are I am sure you will whip up your own cream of chicken soup. As for me, I am  just going to rely on Campbell's for now, maybe in the future I will work on being a super chef and post a great recipe for homemade cream of chicken. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend. For those on Spring Break, ENJOY (think of us as you are getting a nice golden sun tan, we will be building snowmen!) We are off to Vermont, home of Ben and Jerry's (take a guess at where we are going), maple syrup, and great skiing (not happening with babies, but sounds fun!)

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

3 cups chicken, cooked and cut into pieces
1 cups sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1 stack Ritz crackers
margarine

Place chicken into greased baking dish. Pour mixture of sour cream and soup over chicken. Sprinkle poppy seeds over mixture, then top with crumbled Ritz crackers. Place small pats of margarine on crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment