Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Monkey Bread

This past weekend we were fortunate enough to have visitors. Living far away from everything you have ever known makes you appreciate visitors way more than I ever use too. Counting down the days until our next ones arrive at the end of March. I decided that since I wasn't really sure what we would be doing I needed to have some things prepared ahead of time. I really wish I would have taken more pictures, but seeing that this was the first time I was making this deliciousness I was skeptic and didn't take any. I decided it was to good not share immediately, so sorry friends who like the step by step pictures. 

The weekend consisted of kite flying, Chick-fli-a (there is only one in Connecticut by the way and it just happens to be 15 minutes from our house, it was a deal breaker when the Mr. accepted the job), and just catching up and allowing grandparents to be grandparents. The monkey bread was such a hit because its not something you have to eat instantly, its good for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, you can munch on it all day, and its good warm or cold (although I prefer warm).

The only picture I snapped

I wish I could take credit for this but I can't. I will chalk this one up to Pillsbury. I left the walnuts and raisins out of mine because I don't like them, but feel free to add 1/2 a cup of each if desired. This recipe is super quick to put together and will last a couple days depending on how many people you have munching on it. If your willing to try it I hope you love it like the Logan's.

Ingredients
1/2
cup granulated sugar
1
teaspoon cinnamon
2
cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits 

1
cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4
cup butter or margarine, melted

Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large -storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.

Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan.

In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.

Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm or cold. It microwaves well!



No comments:

Post a Comment