Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pizza

Connecticut people love their pizza. They laugh at us when we tell them we like Papa Johns. Honestly though I have yet to have a pizza here that was better, apparently we are going to all the bad places though. The best places are in New Haven, we plan on hitting those up when we take the kids on a college visit to Yale (set the bar high people). 


In Connecticut they have lingo for pizza. They typically call good pizza "A (the name of the letter) pizza," if they are ordering a cheese pizza they say "I'll have a Mooz pizza." I just still order cheese, but hey I refuse to loose my southern accent or roots while living here. 



Pizza is a staple in this house. I have blogged before that it is nearly impossible to get Elin to try anything new. She loves pizza though, she doesn't care if its Papa Johns or the worst Connecticut pizza we can find. She loves pizza! She also loves to make pizza at home, it is quick, and she can help. My little helper tiger! 



Now for you true Martha Stewart's out there I am sure you would whip up your own crust and it would be a true homemade pizza, but I am all about easy so I buy the canned crust and call it homemade. This recipe actually was my mom's and can be adapted in anyway. You can add whatever toppings you choose and I am sure it would be great. 




Now I usually follow the directions on the can for cooking the crust, but I also add an additional step just because I think it makes the pizza that much better. I will put the crust in the oven without in toppings and cook it for about 4 minutes, just to really get it warm and make it a bit firmer. 




We have started potty training this week, so this was go to meal just because of how it quick it is to cook. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and about 13 minutes to cook. Like I said it is super quick and hit with a toddler. I am sure it wouldn't be approved by Connecticut standards but hey it "A Pizza" in my books. 

Ingredients

1 can of Pillsbury Thick Pizza Crust
1 jar of Ragu Pizza Sauce 
1 bag of cheese (I used Mexican but that was all I had)
1/2 cup of sausage (half the roll of packaged sausage)

Topping idea: green pepper, banana peppers, pepperoni, black olives, onions, etc. (I used banana peppers)

Heat oven to 425 degrees 

Spray a pizza pan lightly with cooking spray. Spread crust on pizza pan. Place in oven for about 4 minutes. 

Brown sausage while crust is cooking. 

Remove crust from the oven. Spread pizza sauce (I am pretty generous with the pizza sauce, usually use the the whole jar). Spread sausage (or whatever meat you are using) evenly on crust. Place any toppings you desire on pizza. Cover with cheese.

Place pizza in oven and cook for about 13 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. 


My Sous Chef, yeah I know she is cute!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment