Thursday, May 5, 2016

Creole Chicken Pasta

If you know the Mr. and I chances are you know two things about us: 
1.) we love to travel (hence one of the reasons we moved to Connecticut) 
2.) our favorite place to travel to is New Orleans, LA

We love everything about New Orleans. We love the culture, music, food, people, and overall vibe of the city. The Mr. has been to just about every state and out of the country and still NOLA ranks as one of his favorite places. While I haven't been to almost every state I have been to more than half of them and out of the country as well and just like the Mr., NOLA is by far my fave. There is just something about it that captures your soul. 


Every now and again we get a craving for one of our favorite restaurants in NOLA, Coops Place (shhh…tourist aren't their favorite people). While I cannot recreate Coops by ANY means this dish at least gives me a little Cajun flavor. By the way if you are visiting NOLA you must stop by Coops Place, and honestly try any of the pastas (my favorite Crawfish and Tasso, the Mr. likes Pasta Jambalaya) or even the pork chop (I know your thinking a pork chop, but it is pretty amazing). Seriously, Coops is the best place in NOLA. Typically we eat there more than once when we go. Be advised though the service is terrible, and you may have to share a table with someone you don't know, but people in NOLA are super friendly and the food is worth every minute of discomfort you may have from eating dinner with a stranger. 


I found this recipe around the time the Mr. and I got married (almost 7 years, time flies when your having fun). I have no idea where I got it so I cannot give credit where credit is due. I can tell you it is quick to make and it is my go to dish when we are having company. Why you ask? It is so good it makes people think that I am a really good cook, when actually I just follow the simple steps of a recipe. Pair it with a salad and some garlic bread and you have yourself a great meal for a dinner party. If its just the Mr. and I we just stick to the pasta, and usually overeat. It does make a lot and I should warn you it does not make good left overs. It also does not sit well on the stove for a long time. Basically it needs to be eaten as soon as it is cooked, or at least don't mix the pasta and sauce until you are ready to eat. 


The recipe is pretty simple. You cook the chicken, make the sauce, and mix it all together. I prefer to use the bow tie noodles but I am sure it would taste just as good with whatever kind of noodles you have on hand. It makes a lot so be prepared. We always have a lot left over if I make the whole recipe and just the Mr. and I eat. You may want to cut it in half if you are feeding only two people. I would say that it feeds between 4 and 6 people, that is also taking in account everyone getting seconds. Prep time is around 10 minutes, I mean seriously you are just cutting the chicken and green onions that how easy the recipe is. Cook time is about 15 minutes, basically as long as it takes to cook the noodles. This recipe is a go to in the Logan household. 


In the words of Chris Rose "you can live in any city but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you." Bon Appetite! 



Ingredients
1 lb. chicken breast (thinly sliced)
salt and pepper
2 tbsp. butter
3 whole green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. creole seasoning
12 oz. heavy cream
1 lb. bowtie noodles (cooked according to package)

Slice chicken into thin strips.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.

In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium heat, then add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink. 
Add in the remaining ingredients (except pasta)
Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes

Once sauce is thickened pour noodles into pasta sauce.
Stir until all noodles are covered in sauce. 




No comments:

Post a Comment